Friday 17 September 2010

EP Review: New-Reviews.co.uk

50ft Woman, well... Where do I begin? Original, funky, sophisticated and seductive. Minki has a voice, which would be the equivalent to 'come to bed eyes'. She has an almost gruff, sexy style which will never fail to disappoint.

When I hear the first track '(Strictly) Only swinging' I am definitely pleasantly surprised, reminding me of artists such as The Bangles, Dirty Harry and Hole. They not only have the attitude, but their music is miles above the rest in this style. They also have a slight similarity to The Pretty Reckless, but 50ft Woman are filled to the brim with that addictive characteristic; you just want to hear more. I will definitely be putting these guys on my iPod.

What's not to love? Think high heels, suspenders and a group of artists with outstanding ability and you're spot on.
Having listened to so many bands, I start to find a circle of similarities between them all... However, in this case, the sexy sleaze, the fresh crisp guitars and the dance-starting drums will pull you in one way or another.

The second track 'Psychic Hygiene' has a similar feel, they are consistent throughout, keeping the standards extremely high. Check them out, I dare you.

Suzie Kidger | New Reviewss


No comments:


50ft%20WomanQuantcast